Minister of Music
Peace Fellowship Church
Job Title: Minister of Music
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Peace Fellowship Church, a multi-cultural, multi-socioeconomic, gospel centered church in the heart of the Deanwood community, is seeking to hire a Minister of Music. The ideal candidate is a Christian of mature faith and godly character who is called, anointed, and experienced in serving the local church, and who is passionate about leading and growing a gifted team of musicians and singers in a multicultural worship experience.
The vision for worship at Peace Fellowship is a Spirit-filled ministry that lifts up the joy, the pain, and the hope of the community it serves in Deanwood and the broader DMV community, using the power of music to point it to the gospel of Jesus Christ. The vision is simply “radically Christian, radically Black, and radically open to all’. Thus the worship experience will combine traditional gospel music, contemporary gospel music, Contemporary Christian music, worship ballads, and traditional hymns. This pastor will also incorporate both songs of lament and of worship and praise from various genres.
The Minister of Music will report to and collaborate with the Senior Pastor of Peace Fellowship Church.
- This person must love God, love people, and love working with people.
- Regularly attend worship services at Peace Fellowship Church with an eye toward eventual membership
- Proficiency in comfortably playing keys and leading in a wide variety of musical genres. Gifting in playing multiple instruments is a plus.
- Ability to teach and lead musical and vocal parts both to a praise team and/or choir
- Proficiency both in reading music, charts, and playing by ear is preferred.
- Prayerfully plan the Sunday worship experience with the pastor and church administrator
- Schedule all rehearsals with musicians and singers and be primary worship leader
- Invest in the musical development and Christian discipleship of our musicians and singers
- Coordinate worship for other services as assigned (evening services, prayer service)
- Coordinate music for community events at least three to four times a year.
- Collaborate from time to time with dancers, visual artists
Compensation: This is a part-time,15 hour/week position paying an annual salary range of of $18,000-20,000 depending upon gifting and experience. To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.